Get Started With Literacy Centers!
We all know that small group instruction is vital to successful learning in the primary classroom, but what do we do with the rest of the class while we are teaching these small groups? We understand the value of student initiated learning, but how do we include that in our instructional day? We want to provide our students with meaningful, engaging and standard based independent practice, but how? The answer to all of these questions lies in the implementation of literacy centers in the classroom! Literacy centers provide meaningful and authentic instruction for students, while providing uninterrupted teaching time for directed small group instruction. Center based learning allows for student led practice in all the key areas of the language arts framework. Most importantly, center based instruction instills confidence and excitement in our young learners.
This eBook offers 100 pages of practical suggestions and activities to guide you in getting started with literacy centers:
- Why use literacy centers?
- How to manage literacy centers?
- Illustrations and photographs of example management systems.
- Things to think about so you can anticipate and plan for problems before they occur.
- 60 literacy center activities for ranging ability levels
- More than 60 reproducible blackline masters.
- More than 30 full-color photographs that show student work samples and actual center activities.
All of the activities and blacklines were designed by Tracy Jarboe &, Stefani Sadler. Tracy and Stefani have over 30 years combined experience teaching in the primary grades.
View more products by ABC Schoolhouse
Customers also bought...
Top Selling Publishers
Top Selling Products
Once you place your order, you can access your download links and order history from your My Account area.