This themed correlation of activities is intended to assist primary educators in extending and integrating student learning. We have chosen a format that addresses a wide variety of learning styles and approaches. All of the activities included in this themed packet are designed to meet the educational standards in an exciting and innovative manner. We have chosen our favorite classroom activities all of which are based upon quality children's literature. The following components have been included to offer you a wide variety of activities to choose from.
- Poem/Song/Rhymes –, There are numerous poetry applications for use in the primary classroom including: shared reading, pocket chart center, writer’,s response prompt, and sponge activities. Thematic poetry and extension activities have been provided to enhance the learning process.
- Student Book –, Individual student books are a wonderful way to promote independence and fluency in reading. Student books can be used as independent seatwork, a center activity, or a homework connection. The quarter fold book is completed by adding a descriptive word to each sentence and then drawing a picture of the monster. Ex. A blue monster. A skinny monster. A tall monster. The half sheet book focuses on counting and color.
- Class Book - Class books are commonly used to extend a piece of literature and to encourage students to synthesize concepts. Using thematic books encourage students to create a monster of their own brainstorming together ideas for what a monster could look like, how it would act, what would it like and so on.
- Word Play –, This activity is to be used in a classroom center or for a choosing activity.
- Writing –, Writing opportunities allow students to extend the learning process while enhancing comprehension. The use of writing connections is paramount to successful student achievement. A writing prompt and a writing page have been provided for use in centers, writer’,s workshop, journals, and guided writing. Student writing can be easily compiled and bound to make a class book.
- 97 –, A 97 mat and activity are provided to explore principles of numeration, algebra and 97ematical functions.
- Science –, This is an important component that emphasizes prediction, exploration, observation, data analysis, synthesis, and discovery.
- Art –, Art projects provide additional opportunity to extend literature and learning by using various media and accessing student creativity.
- Recipe –, Hands on learning is an essential element to any curriculum and recipes lend themselves to scientific inquiry, 97, and literacy development.
- Home Connection –, A take home activity has been included to encourage families to share in the learning experience.
View more products by ABC Schoolhouse
Customers also bought...
Top Selling Publishers
Top Selling Products
Once you place your order, you can access your download links and order history from your My Account area.